Luckily, a motion sensor was able to pick up the burst of heat from the fire erupting from within the motorhome and police were in route. A passerby also noticed smoke coming from the building and called in the fire. By the time Chris arrived at his business, fire fighters had the burn well under control and were able to salvage the building. “It worked out really well and the system did what it was supposed to do”.
After reviewing the security camera footage, fire investigators were able to pin point the origin of the fire within the motorhome. The motion sensor that initially detected the wave of heat was completely destroyed, but the camera which was mounted right next to it was undamaged, only the wiring had to be replaced. The fire department plans to use the video footage for training purposes to show how quickly a fire can spread.
Fire is one of the least common things that is thought about for both home and business when it comes to security. Protecting yourself is very important, because a fire can consume a building within a matter of seconds. Give us a call to discuss your fire protection needs!
Alarm Link Security is a local, family owned company that specializes in residential and commercial security systems.